Monday, June 08, 2009

Colleague

I'm on training right now with my grade school batchmate. We started last week, on Monday, and it has been fun so far. I'm treating this training as a stepping stone, because after I gained experience through this, I'll transfer to a better-known company. So anyways, before anything else, I'll describe this good friend of mine. Well, he's straight. On the same track with my age, likes computer games. A rocker by heart, he actually taught me the basics of guitar. He looks weird, his hair is long, he looks emo-ish, he doesn't drink alcohol. He looks like this ---->


Which is the very opposite of me. Because I look like some kinda this ---->

I know, right? On the first day, since I don't know anybody yet, we're together. Even though I don't like it. Because we are wearing the suuuper different clothes. And we don't look equal. And we don't belong to the same status. So I decided to befriend some of my colleagues and I was successful. I gained their trusts. On the second day, I was with this group already. Because that's the way it should be. My good friend is with us, but he can't butt in our conversation because the group talks about fashion, political situations, pop, hiphop and rnb, nicole scherzinger, restaurants, Malate, and some normal stuffs. And all he knows about is computer games, rock music and tattoos. And nobody in my "newly" created group is interested with those. We live on the same area, so we always go to the office together. But since the third day, I started making alibis in order avoid him and get to the office alone without some rocker with me. I hate rockers, I don't know why. So anyways, on the fourth day, he was surprised because I came earlier than him because I told him that I won't be able to wait for him at the bus stop because I'm going to visit a sick friend. I just told him that my friend was already released. I think he's mad, I think he knew that I was lying. So anyways, I continued ignoring him at the office, and it was a good thing that we are not team mates so that I have a better excuse for not talking to him that much. I was ignoring him, yeah I'm guilty but I still talk to him during breaks and we go home together so I still talk to him, but I really don't like him. Actually when we applied for that company I was hoping that he won't get the job. I just used him because I wanted someone to accompany me.

Anyways, because he is kinda isolated and he's an emo guy, he didn't survive the call center industry. He only tried the first week of it, and never showed up anymore. I think it's because he doesn't have friends there, or it's because I was ignoring him that made him quit. I might be bad by saying this, but it's the best decision he made --- for me. But he's still my good friend! :)

2 comments:

  1. naging unfair ka.
    selfish and everything.

    karma is just around the corner

    ReplyDelete